Friday, April 25, 2014

And Life Comes Back By Tricia Williford

 

When I first got this book, I was really hesitant to read it. I don't like heart wrenching, devastating stories. This book was all that but so much more.  This book  is for anyone who wants a great story of God's grace and love, and his brilliant, loving way he takes care of us. It is for one who has lost a loved one to death or divorce and the sheer raw pain that goes with it. It was a captivating read!  I knew what was coming, I wanted to put the book down but at the same time I couldn't.  Tricia's grief exudes out of the pages.  She takes me there in that moment her life changes forever and I feel and am able to empathize deeply.  I want to scream with her, "No, Please God No!!"
I do love how Tricia doesn't idealize her marriage which is so easy to do after a death or divorce. Yes she and her husband were best friends, lovers, partners and loved each other like crazy but she also doesn't hold back on the problems and issues--their not so great moments at marriage.
 
Tricia's deep faith is what got her through the worst chapters of  her life. Although tragic, this is a beautiful story, and I can't wait to read her next book and find out the next chapter in Tricia and her young son's lives...I have a feeling even more beauty is to come from this deep woman of faith.  God heals and never leaves us--Tricia is proof.
 
Waterbrook Publishing provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for an honest review.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment